Books That Changed My Life
Books! I love books oh so much. It’s so amazing how you can gain an incredible amount of wisdom from simply reading a book. Have you ever read a book that’s changed your life? Here’s a list of books that have changed mine:
1. The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier - This book made me go vegan!
2. Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngalis - This book inspired me to get into cooking (well into making uncooked raw foods, but you know what I mean).
3. Eat & Run by Scott Jurek - This book inspired me to run.
4. Finding Ultra by Rich Roll - This book inspired me run some more, and to stop drinking.
5. 12 Steps to Wellness by Melissa Ambrosini - This eBook made me realize that heath is about so much more than just what you eat & how much you exercise..
6. Life Loves You by Louise Hay and Robert Holden - This book taught me how to love myself... and how to really truly love life!
7. So Cool Sh*t by Miki Agrawal - This book inspired me to leave my corporate career path & embrace entrepreneurship..
8. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle - This book taught me how to be present.
9. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle - This book taught me how to be even more present.
10. Serendipity by Joshua Rosenthal - This book reminded me that life is magical..
What’s interesting too, is that this is the order in which I read these books. I first stumbled upon a book about nutrition that increased my energy to a level I had not expected. With this increased energy, I then took up running & read additional books by plant-based athletes. My interest in food & exercise naturally sparked my interest in holistic living. I then read books by coaches, spiritual teachers, & entrepreneurs who preached freedom. They empowered me authentically love and nourish myself in all areas of life. They helped me ditch a corporate career path that I didn’t find fulfilling. From them, I learned to meditate, to be present, & to live a life of synchronicity & serendipity. & it’s oh so cool how this decade long personal development journey all started with a book about food. Thank you so much to all of these authors that have inspired me over the years. I don’t know where I would be right now, had you not shared your wisdom in words.
What books have changed your life?
Lots of love,