Sound Healing With Emma Cardinal
This episode is conversation with Emma from Emma’s Higher Self. Emma is a spiritual healer and holistic practitioner. She is amazing at creating a safe space for healing, and she’s extremely intuitive and multi-disciplined. She’s trained in over 50 modalities including aromatherapy massage, Swedish massage, reflexology, reiki, crystal healing, life coaching, chakra balancing, sound therapy, colour therapy, body talk, and so much more.
In this episode, we dive deep into one modality that isn’t as talked about in the mainstream: sound healing. Emma shares all about how sound healing works at a cellular level, how sound healing is part of the mind-body connection, how to start a sound healing practice, how to practice affirmations in the most effective way, and so much more. You’ll even get a buffalo drum and tingsha cymbals demo from Emma!
Have you ever tried sound healing? Let me know in the comments what your biggest takeaways from this episode were. And let me know if you try any of the suggestions that Emma gave, such as sound journalling, using a tuning fork, and practicing affirmations.
Discussed in this episode:
• 2:00 - Emma’s journey to becoming a spiritual healer and holistic practitioner.
• 4:30 - How distance energy healing works.
• 8:20 - What energy work is, and its purpose.
• 10:30 - What the underlying cause of illness is, and how our bodies communicate with us.
• 11:50 - What sound therapy is, and how the law of entrainment works.
• 14:35 - How emotions get “stuck” in the body.
• 18:40 - How the chakras are all connected and how chakra imbalances can affect our well-being.
• 19:46 - The best way to practice affirmations.
• 25:47 - The power of being seen and doing healing work in a safe and sacred space.
• 27:00 - The benefits of sound journalling.
• 29:40 - The healing power of 432Hz, the natural frequency of the universe.
• 31:15 - How primal sounds are healing.
• 31:35 - Emma’s buffalo drum demo.
• 33:08 - How mantras and chanting work.
• 33:40 - What chakras are.
• 36:54 - How tuning forks work, how to use them, and where to get them.
• 40:30 - How to start a sound healing self practice.
• 41:40 - Emma’s tingsha demo.
• 42:17 - How sound is part of the mind body connection.
• 44:48 - Emma’s prayer.
• Connect with Emma on Instagram
• Check out Emma’s website
• Learn more about Emma’s Spirit Medicine healing program and healing services
• Connect with me on Instagram
• Check out Transformational Arts College
• Learn more about the chakras
• Listen to 432 by Joep Beving
• Get your own buffalo drum (don’t worry - it’s vegan and not actually made from buffalo hide)
• Get your own tingsha cymbals
• Get your own tuning fork from Alternative Thinking or The U of T Bookstore
• Learn more about my one-on-one nutrition and health coaching program